“But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.” James 1:25 (ESV)
It takes time to look intently into a matter … to analyze it … to let it simmer in your thoughts … to question it … to look at it from a different perspective.
How are you doing? I admit it, I get caught up in the busyness of the daily responsibilities.
I’ve found that I can still drink deeply from the Word as I go about those responsibilities.
- Listen to teachings as I wash the dishes.
- Sing along to praise music.
- Memorize the Scripture first thing in the morning.
- Write the Scripture on notes and tape them to the refrigerator and bathroom mirror.
- Think about each word as I load the washer.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to remind me to think about the Scripture throughout the day.
- Pray the Scripture … with my name inserted … with my husband’s name inserted … with a family member’s or neighbor’s name inserted.
- Review my day’s thoughts at the end of the day and write what the Holy Spirit has revealed to me in a journal.
Gazing into the Scriptures brings us to the law of liberty. The Law in the Old Testament points us to our sins.
“For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:2
Jesus freed us from sin and death. Christians now live by the law of the Spirit of Life!Tweet
3 Steps to a Lifetime of Blessings
- Study the Word of God. “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Persevere in the Word of God. “Those who trust in the LORD are as secure as Mount Zion; they will not be defeated but will endure forever.” Psalm 125:1
- Act upon the Word of God. “Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.” Psalm 37:3
Father of Lights, help me to look, to gaze, intently into Your Law of Liberty. Your law sets me free of sin and brings me into close fellowship with You. As I spend time in Your Word, give me deep understanding, so that I meditate on Your Word day and night. I want more of You, Lord. I want to walk in Your Light. I am determined to persevere, Father, but I can’t do it without Your hand leading me on the path that You have chosen for me. Holy Spirit, bless me by permeating my very being with the knowledge of the love and hope of Jesus. I want to point others to You, Jesus, and to bless them. May they see You through me, and may that cause others to look intently into Your Word. Glorify Your Name. In Your Light, I wish to stand. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Do you have any tips you can share with us about how you gaze into the Word of God?
How may I pray for you today?
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com