“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “Who is and Who was and Who is to come, the Almighty.”Revelation 1:8 (ESV)
I have four nativities scattered throughout our home, not to mention our nativity Christmas tree ornaments.
Leading up to Christmas, I focus on the birth of Jesus, the Son, and the Child. I think about the devotion of Mary and Joseph to God and His plans even though Mary and Joseph didn’t fully understand them.
I think of the miracle of the virgin birth, the angels proclaiming Jesus’ birth, the shepherds watching their sheep, and then adoring the Great Shepherd. I smile and remember the wise men coming from the East bringing gifts and worshiping the All-Wise King.
Beautiful stories of God’s love, His goodness, and His glory. Beautiful stories and promises made possible by the self-sacrifice that was to come.
But what if we started the Christmas story by telling the Resurrection story?
Eternity wraps the Christmas and Resurrection stories in victorious love.Tweet
From Eternity to Eternity
- Our King of Kings is coming soon. (Revelation 19:16)
- Eternal Life conquered death. (1 Peter 3:18-22)
- Our Savior brought peace with God. (Romans 5:1)
- The Anointed One brought forgiveness. (1 John 1:9)
- Our Redeemer paid the price for the sins of the world. (Romans 6:10)
- Our Friend gave His life for a ransom for many. (Mark 10:45)
- The Son of Man washed dirty feet. (John 13:1-17)
- Our Wonderful Counselor taught us the Way, the Truth, and the Life. (John 14:6)
- Our Mighty God calmed the winds and the sea and fed thousands. (Matthew 8:26; Matthew 15:38)
- Our Everlasting Father sent His Son to save the world. (John 3:16)
- Our Prince of Peace raised the dead, healed the sick, and blessed the children. (Matthew 11:5, 19:14)
- Our Prince of Peace reconciled our relationship with God. (Acts 10:36)
- The 12-year-old Son of God astonished the teachers in the temple. (Luke 2:41-52)
- The Messiah received gifts from wise men. (Matthew 2:1-12)
- The Lord was adored by shepherds. (Luke 2:8-20)
- The Son’s birth was proclaimed by heaven’s angels. (Luke 2:9-15)
- The Child of the Most High God lay in a manger. (Luke 2:7)
- The Holy shed His glory, became a man, and dwelt among us. (John 1:14)
- The Word was with God, was God, and was the Creator of all. (John 1:1-3)
“For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son,John 3:16 (NLT)
so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.”
Everlasting Father, Your lovingkindness embraces the world with Your amazing gift of Jesus. Like the shepherds, the wise men, and all those who encountered Your own dear Son, we bow down in worship before You. You have captured our hearts and minds. Fill us with a greater understanding of Your gift and cause us to walk in Your Way, Your Truth, and Your Life. In Jesus’ precious name we pray, amen.
- Look up a few of the Scriptures above and write how you can incorporate their messages into your thoughts as you prepare for your Christmas celebrations.
- What intrigued you or made you stop and think? Why? How will you apply this devotion to the rest of your day?
- What is the Holy Spirit whispering to you?
3 responses to “Wrapped in Eternal Love”
[…] Wrapped in Eternal Love — Let’s Walk Together in God’s Promises […]
Oh I love this, my dear friend. “Eternity wraps the Christmas and Resurrection stories in victorious love. How true. How awesome!
Isn’t God so wonderful? May God wrap you and Mario in every spiritual blessing. Sending much love, Karen