Frustrated because you can’t seem to be the kind of person that you want to be?
Although you get up in the morning and you tell yourself that you will be kind, not offend, and have a great outlook, you slip up before you get out the door.
You think no one cares.
There is someone who cares deeply. In fact, He loves you. Jesus loves you.
All of us have sinned, fallen short of God’s requirements. That’s you and me. We’re all failures.
The consequences of that sin is death and separation from God forever–hell. But God, in all His glory, loved you and me so much that He sent His Son, Jesus, into the world.
Jesus shed the glory that He had in heaven with God to enter the world as a baby, born to a poor virgin and a carpenter who was engaged to her. Jesus walked the countryside proclaiming “the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” He taught the people, healed all who came to Him, raised the dead, and performed miracles. Jesus showed the people God in the flesh. He lived His life serving others and loving others.
No greater love has a man than to lay His life down for others. That is what Jesus did for you, for me. He who never sinned became sin, your sin, my sin. He paid the price we owed, death.
Jesus was the Perfect Sacrifice.
- Jesus, the Perfect Sacrifice, died on the cross.
- Jesus, the Perfect Sacrifice, lay three days in the tomb because of our sins.
- Jesus, the Perfect Sacrifice, rose from the dead, conquering death after three days.
- Jesus, the Perfect Sacrifice, LIVES!
- Jesus, the Perfect Sacrifice, carried His blood into the heavenly Holy of Holies and sprinkled His blood.
- Jesus, the Perfect Sacrifice, made the way into the Holy of Holies through the veil, His torn flesh.
- Jesus, the Perfect Sacrifice, paid the price for our sins.
- Jesus, the Perfect Sacrifice, now sits at the right hand of the Majesty in the heavens and serves as our High Priest.
- Jesus, the Perfect Sacrifice, now sits at the right hand of the Majesty in the heavens.
- Jesus, the Perfect Sacrifice, is the Superior High Priest.
- Jesus, the Perfect Sacrifice, speaks to the Father on our behalf.
- Jesus, the Perfect Sacrifice, LIVES!
- Jesus, Perfect Sacrifice, has given us new life, eternal life!
- Jesus, Perfect Sacrifice, loves you.
If you would like to know this Perfect Sacrifice, you can – today.
The Bible tells us that while we were sinners, Jesus died for us, and this demonstrated God’s love for us, Romans 5:8. Why was it necessary for Jesus to sacrifice His life for us? Romans 6:23 tells us, “the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
What must you do?
Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord of your life and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, Romans 10:9.
If you have confessed Jesus as Lord, and you believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, that Jesus has conquered death, then you have an amazing adventure ahead of you. Romans 12:1 tells us that we need to present our bodies to God as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable as our service to Him.
Tips for moving forward
- Find a Bible teaching church, a church that teaches word-by-word from the books of the Bible.
- Attend it regularly.
- Join a Bible study group in that church.
- Read your Bible every day.
- Before you read, pray that the Holy Spirit will teach you what you need to know from that Scripture.
- Ask yourself what you learn about God.
- Ask yourself what you learn about yourself.
- Ask yourself how you can apply what you have learned today.
- Pray for a mature Christian to mentor/disciple you.
- Thank God for what He is doing in your life.
- Watch God work.
Father in heaven, thank You for Your great love for Your created ones. Thank You, Jesus, for becoming the Perfect Sacrifice and creating the way to new and eternal life in You. We praise You and honor You. In Your name, we pray, Amen.
Please share this post.