F.F. Bosworth’s Christ the Healer is truth for today. Keith and I read this book after the many times that I had been prayed for and anointed with oil for healing from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. After Keith read this book, he told me that he was going to preach a sermon after the Lord healed me. That was two years before God miraculously healed me on November 21, 2010. In January, 2011, he did preach on God’s healing touch.
In the two-year interval from God’s promise to His healing, we pressed into the Lord, and He blessed us with His presence and comfort as He gently shared the Scriptures with us in a new way, removing the church traditions that we had learned about healing and spiritual gifts only being for the early church and not for today. We learned that God still heals today – through miracles, through physicians and modern medicine, and in His timing, whether in this life or in eternity.
12 Healing Quotes
- “God tells us exactly how to ‘attend’ to His Words. He says, ‘Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.’ Instead of having your eyes on your symptoms and being occupied with them, Let God’s Words not ‘depart from thine eyes.’ ” (p. 20)
- “Jesus went to the cross, spirit, soul, and body, to redeem man, spirit, soul, and body. Therefore, the Cross is the center of the plan of salvation for man, spirit, soul, and body. Every form of sickness and disease known to man was included, and many of them even mentioned particularly, in the ‘curse of the law.’ (Deuteronomy 28:15-62, and other Scriptures)” (pp. 39-40).
- “If Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, and sickness is included in the curse, surely He redeemed us from sickness” (p. 40).
- “Many in our day, have been taught that Christ performed miracles of healing just to show His power and to prove His deity. This may be true, but it is far from being all the truth. He would not have had to heal all to show His power; a few outstanding cases would have proved this” (pp.59-60).
- “His immortal life touches our mortal bodies with a foretaste of redemption” (p. 66).
- “Does not nature itself reveal the present attitude of Christ toward the healing of our bodies? Nature everywhere is healing, or at least doing her best to heal. As soon as disease germs enter our bodies, nature begins to expel them. … Now has God commanded nature to rebel against His own will?” (pp. 66-67).
- “Instead of saying that the age of miracles is past, say, ‘It is written! It is written!’” (p. 86).
- “Strength for service to God is the only proper basis of approach when seeking health at His hand” (p. 93).
- “Faith, you see, is the union of our hearts and wills with God’s will and purpose; and where this unity is lacking, results are impossible. This is a very important spiritual law to which, in our times, we have been woefully blind” (Rev. P. Gavin Duffy, p. 94).
- “If every one were to be made perfectly whole instantly, there would be no place for the gifts of healing. It would be all miracles. Many people miss healing by trying to confine God to miracles. Christ’s promise is that ‘they shall recover,’ but He does not say ‘instantly’” (pp. 100-101).
- “Every sick Christian, while sick, has a thousand times more to be happy over than the most cheerful sinner in perfect health” (p. 105).
- “Since it is ‘by his stripes we are healed,’ let us not forget what our healing cost. … Faith does not wait for the walls to fall down; faith shouts them down!” (p. 108)
Jehovah-Rapha, Almighty God, our Healer, bless your sons and daughters with Your comforting Presence and Your healing touch. Thank You for Your amazing love and compassion. Bless these readers with Your perfect peace that passes understanding. May they find Your healing, so that they may serve You with all their hearts, souls, and strengths. Thank You, Lord, for Your great and precious promises and all spiritual blessings. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
11 responses to “12 Quotes from Christ the Healer”
As Christians we are called to love. I struggle with guilt because I find difficult people to be very stressful and I don’t always feel well enough to spend time with them. Did you also struggle with this? I’m reading Christ the Healer and I believe every word of it. Thanks for the recommendation. I’m already experiencing relief and look forward to full recovery. It make no sense for a Christian to be sick so they are unable to minister to others.
My dear Victoria, Yes, I struggled with difficult people. They just did not understand. After all, I looked fine. After the Lord’s healing, I was rough-housing with my brother’s Great Dane, and he said, “You’re a real person now!” He just had an Ah-Ha moment. Have mercy on those people. They really don’t understand. It doesn’t make any sense for a Christian to be sick, but through my fibro and chronic fatigue, I had some of the sweetest moments with God–I was completely dependent upon Him. I consider the fibro a gift from God. It’s what I needed at the time.
Our Father in heaven, in the name of Jesus, touch Victoria with Your healing touch. You are Jehovah-Rapha, the Lord our Healer. You are the Almighty God, Everlasting Father, and our good, good Father. Thank You for what You are accomplishing in Victoria’s body and spirit. Increase her awareness of You beside her, carrying her, leading her by the right hand. Holy Spirit, pour out abundant wisdom and great joy upon Victoria, and give her peace. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
Victoria, Please let me know how you are. If you would like to email me, my email is email@example.com.
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Karen
I so rejoice with you over God’s faithfulness and Christ’s healing work in your life! What a wonderful testimony, as Hayley has already noted! Your faith blesses all of us! Love and huge hugs to you! <3
Lynn, Thank you for your gracious words. Please remember that even faith is God’s gift to us. He does it all, and He walks us ever so gently through trials and reveals His wisdom to us in pieces that we can understand. He does it all. We just wait in great expectation. God is an AWESOME God. You are such a blessing. Thank you for your love of God and your support. Many, many hugs and much love are sent your way. God bless you, my sister. Karen
Amen! He is with us always!
He will never leave us nor forsake us. He is always there … waiting on us. What a blessing!
Yes, amen 🙂
Finally a balanced approach to the healing power of Christ. It’s real, for today and we’re both living testimonies of the goodness of God.
Pastor Bobby, I hope you and Rhonda are thriving as well as your church. God is good … all the time, He is GOOD! He heals today. He works today. He has plans for us to do today. May you, Rhonda, and your church be blessed with all spiritual blessings! Much love, Karen
What an amazing testimony!! Praise God! 🙏
Love the quotes, very powerful.
Hayley, God is good … ALL the time, God is good!! May the Lord richly bless you with His great love and peace. Karen