“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5
But I’m not even 20!
I chose you to tell My people that they have sinned, and I’m bringing judgment.
They won’t listen to me or respect me!
I chose you.
“They will fight against you, But they shall not prevail against you. For I am with you,” says the LORD, “to deliver you.” Jeremiah 1:19
Tell My people that they will be overcome and go into captivity for 70 years because they have forsaken me and not repented of their wicked ways.
Alas! Lamentations! Jerusalem is lonely. It used to be full of people. Now, the few people it has scavenge for food.
But there is hope!
5 Reasons for Hope
This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:21-26
- God is merciful. Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; Yes, our God is merciful. Psalm 116:5
- God is compassionate. Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord–that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
- God is faithful. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:9
- God is good. The goodness of God leads you to repentance Romans 2:4b
- God saves. Our God is the God of salvation; And to GOD the Lord belong escapes from death. Psalm 68:20
3 Steps to Hope
- Examine our ways and repent (turn to the Lord). Let us search out and examine our ways, And turn back to the LORD Lamentations 3:40
- Focus our hearts on God. Let us lift our hearts and hands To God in heaven. Lamentations 3:41
- Cry out to God. You drew near on the day I called on You, And said, “Do not fear!” O Lord, You have pleaded the case for my soul; You have redeemed my life. Lamentations 3:57-58
Our merciful Father, You are so patient with Your people. Your mercies and compassions are new every morning. Father, we have sinned. We have turned from You and gone after that which is worthless. You, alone, are good. We pause to examine ourselves, and we turn from our wicked ways. Help us to focus upon You and Your goodness. Draw near to us, Father, for You have provided Jesus as our Redeemer. Thank you, Father. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Thanks to Nate_Dumlao for making the first photo available freely on unsplash.
2 responses to “5 Reasons for Hope, 3 Steps to Hope”
Amen! 🙂 This really is fitting and I’m so glad you wrote about this.
I relate to Jeremiah in so many ways. <3
Yes, Jeremiah was such a tender-hearted man. I look forward to meeting him in heaven. No more tears. 🙂