Yesterday, the world participated in powerful prayer. We confessed our sins. Our sins were exposed for all to see. America was naked before the world.
We asked God to forgive our nation.
We asked God to bring a revival to His people and an awakening in those who do not know Jesus.
Prayers for our nation, our leaders, and all the people of the world prevailed throughout the day.
God’s Word penetrated our hearts.
Worship saturated our souls.
Some people surrendered their lives to Jesus. Others recommitted their lives to walking humbly with God.
We saw, we heard, we sang, we walked, we lifted up holy hands, we cried, we prayed, we worshiped.
May this weekend be the beginning of revival and awakening in America and throughout the world.
We have a promise from God that He will hear from heaven, forgive our sin, and heal our land, but it is a conditional promise.
4 Steps to the Promise
When I [God] shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, if my people who are called by My name humble themselves, and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:13-14
- Humble ourselves. When we are humble, we obey God and follow His guidance rather than the world’s ways. “He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?” Micah 6:8
- Pray. As we humble ourselves and walk with God, we will find it natural to talk with Him and listen to Him. We will thank Him for His grace and blessings as well as cry out to Him in our suffering. “Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.” Psalm 50:14-15
- Seek God. God wants a deep and intimate relationship with His people. “Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near.” Isaiah 55:6
- Turn from sin. God’s people must examine themselves and repent (turn from the ways of the world to the ways of God). “let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.” Isaiah 55:7
When God’s people humble themselves, pray, seek God and turn from sin, “then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14b
- God will hear our prayers. Our loving God is waiting for us to tell Him how much we love Him, to confess our sins, to listen to His guidance. “He [God] fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:19
- God will forgive our sin. Jesus paid the price for our sin, death on the cross. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
- God will heal our land. God delights in blessing the land and His people with health, prosperity, and peace. “Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security.” Jeremiah 33:6
It is time to pray like we have never prayed before. Let’s zealously pray that the Holy Spirit will work in the hearts and lives of God’s people to bring a revival to America and to all nations for the glory of God. Let’s pray for those who do not know Jesus to meet Him and accept Him as Lord and Savior.
As God’s sons and daughters, we must humble ourselves, pray, seek God’s face, and turn from our sins. Then, God will heal our land.Tweet
Will you take a challenge with me? For the next 7 days, before you step out of bed in the morning, pray specifically for a revival within yourself and God’s people as well as an awakening in America.
Tell us that you are taking the challenge in the Comments below and return with updates.
Let’s pray fervently and see God work mightily.
Father in heaven, You are the Creator of the Universe, the Great I AM, Almighty God, Everlasting Father, the God Who Sees, the God Who Hears. Holy, Holy, Holy are You. We have greatly sinned. We have turned from Your ways and followed the ways of the wicked. We turn from our sin and ask that You forgive us of our sins. We seek You alone as our Lord and Savior. Save, LORD! Forgive LORD! Heal our land. Send a great awakening throughout the world and a revival within Your people. In the name of Jesus, our Savior, our Prince of Peace, the Lamb of God, and the Lion of Judah, we pray. Amen.
Photo by ABEL MARQUEZ on Unsplash
One response to “4 Steps to the Promise”
[…] 4 Steps to the Promise — Walking Together in God’s Promises […]