On the Sea of Galilee
Jesus was going throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness among the people. The news about Him spread throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all who were ill, those suffering with various diseases and pains, demoniacs, epileptics, paralytics; and He healed them. Large crowds followed Him from Galilee and the Decapolis and Jerusalem and Judea and from beyond the Jordan. Matthew 4:23-25
Teaching, proclaiming the good news, and healing … signatures of our Lord Jesus.
- Healings and miracles showcased Jesus’ authority to proclaim what the world might call an upside down world view.
- Healings and miracles highlighted Jesus’ compassion for hurting people.
- Healings and miracles sparked excitement and talk.
- Healings and miracles created hope and expectation.
- Healings and miracles spurred friends and families to bring the sick.
- Healings and miracles turned people to Jesus and His teachings.
- Healings and miracles bore followers and disciples.
Healings and miracles happen today. Christian doctors have established the World Christian Doctors Network. The network is focused upon pointing to the great works of healing that the Lord still does, bringing hope to patients and the world. The network has created case studies on how God still heals today.
Read Dr. Ann Verachtert’s presentation about the healing of Hugo Van Leemputten‘s non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Hugo had no hope; yet, after prayer and much support, he was healed and now leads a church and healing school called God’s Ambassade.
When there is no hope, look up! Jesus is our hope and our destiny.
My prayer for you
Father, You are so loving and compassionate. Thank You for Your intimate interest in men and women. Thank You that You have many blessings in store for us. Thank You that You heal our bodies so that we can minister to others, so that we can point people to You. We love You Lord and praise Your holy name!