Bless the Lord, O my soul, And all that is within me, bless His holy name.Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits;Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases;Who redeems your life from the pit, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; Who satisfies your years with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle. Psalm 103: 1-5
- Saturday, Keith and I returned to the hotel in Anaheim where I attended a fibromyalgia conference about six years ago. I was in so much pain because of the “hard bed” that Keith got in his car after work, drove a couple of hours and brought me my feather bed. The next morning, he got up and drove back to work. That was before the Lord healed me of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
- Saturday night, we slept there again, minus the feather bed, minus the pain.
- Sunday morning, I participated in an aerobic flash mob dance at Angel Stadium.
- What I have learned since that night I was healed, November 21, 2010, is that people are hungry to hear that our awesome God works in people’s lives today, that He heals, that He works miracles, and more importantly, that He loves them and He paid the price, so that they could enjoy Him forever.
- God works in our lives for a purpose. That purpose is to point people to Jesus, so that the world will see our good works and glorify Him.
- Simon the Leper (obviously healed by Jesus) hosted Jesus in his home; the blind man told others that Jesus healed him, and Peter’s mother got up and served Jesus. All proofs that Jesus healed, that Jesus had compassion, and that He was able to work in their lives–for a purpose, for service.
- My prayer for you:
- May the Lord restore your youth as you actively wait on Him. May He renew your strength as you mount up on wings like eagles. May you walk and run and not grow weary. May you point others to Jesus as you revel in what He has done for you and is working in you for tomorrow. Praise the Lord!