2 blind men healed: Healing activated by faith
Is that Jesus passing by us? He raised Jairus’ daughter from the dead. Think He would heal our blind eyes?
The two men follow Jesus.
“Have mercy on us, Son of David.”
Jesus enters the Capernaum house without a word. The men follow him into the house. I wonder what the owner of the house thinks.
“Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to him, “Yes, Lord.” Matthew 9:28
“According to your faith be it done to you.” Matthew 9:29
And their eyes are opened. Although Jesus tells them not to tell others about their healing, they tell many people.
Five verses, five attributes.
- Focused. These men had heard of the compassion and miracles of Jesus, and they knew what Jesus could do for them. Together, they sought Jesus.
- Accountable. The two men cried out loudly to Jesus over the crowd. They took responsibility for pursuing Jesus until He answered them.
- Intense. When Jesus did not respond to their cries, they followed Him, right into the house. They did not give up when there was no answer from the Son of David, the Messianic name of their Savior.
- Trust.They trusted the Scripture. Isaiah 35:5 states that when the Messiah comes, He will open the eyes of the blind.
- Hope. Blind men for a season, their hope was an earnest expectation for their sight.
Focused + Accountable + Intense + Trust + Hope = Faith
My prayer for you:
Our Father and Lord, You are the God of all compassion, all mercy, and all love. Pour out Your blessings and healing upon our land and upon Your people. Restore our sight to all that is true and lovely. Restore our bodies, our minds, and our land into what You intended. Give us the faith to focus on You as we hold ourselves accountable in an intense trust in You, and we will earnestly hope in Your restoration. We will spread the news of Your great works as these two blind men did. We praise You for all that You are and all that You do. In Jesus’ name, Amen